Yes. We had pita bread, strawberries, potato salad, the works. It all got a bit soggy, but we made it through all the courses. It was miserable and cold, but it was the most fun I'd had in a while.
We then had to go have a cup of in a pub to warm up. Drying off never happened (my trousers are still wet) but the tea was nice.
Then, Nancy and I met up with further friends of hers to go to Brighton to see a band called Cobra Starship. That was sort of a shotgun concert - she called me on Sunday and asked if I wanted to go. She'd been following them around the country and I'd seen them last Sunday (and in San Francisco before I left) but they're one of my favorite bands and I'd been needing to get out of London to get some air. So we went on down to Brighton.
Brighton was dry. And warm. Warm and dry Brighton. One of the things that bothers me most about Brighton is if I go up the top of Parliament Hill or Primrose Hill, I don't see ocean or bay, just city. I've been feeling very landlocked, so it was nice to just see ocean.
And then we saw Cobra Starship. Rock bands, when they're doing it right, don't just make music that sounds good - they make music that feels good. And of course there are levels of good, but Cobra are just one of those bands that I always leave the venue feeling confident with a huge smile on my face.

No comments:
Post a Comment