Saturday, May 17, 2008

I've seen changes

1957

We went on a Jack the Ripper walk. This man taught us all about Jack the Ripper and the ladies he murdered. He had the most lovely speaking voice.

alllllll the people

We went to Primrose Hill and it was lovely, as usual. Watching the city light up as the sun went out.

roses

I live in the most ridiculous bit of London, I think, but it sure is pretty. All the houses are white or red brick. They have lovely roses in their yards. You can see rich art hanging in houses through uncovered windows.

Speaking of rich art, I tried to go to the Imperial War Museum today (tanks! horray!) but ended up at the National Gallery. I'd been when I was younger and I mostly just remembered the nudes. I'm glad I went again - it was very nice. Not so many nudes as I remembered. I only made it through the first floor, so I will have to go again.

I also, yesterday, walked from Belsize to the Thames which was about a two and a half hour walk. It was a nice walk, mostly just following the Northern Line down, but I unfortunately forgot my camera. Perhaps that was for the best though - it would have been an even longer walk otherwise!

No comments: