Friday, August 8, 2008

packing sucks

fifteen hours later. . . .

ugh.


So here is a fail end to a pretty fail blog. Oh lovely blog readers! The time has come for me to tell you that I have made it back to California, safe and sound. My mother and her friend Dovalyn picked me up in England and dragged me, kicking and screaming, back to the wonderful Bay Area. I actually got home on 2 Aug, but have spent the last week sleeping, pining, and being awake during hours when no human rightfully should. I miss London quite a lot.

In my last two weeks or so, in London, I went to Cardiff, both the Tates in one day, walked along the literal bank of a low-tide Thames with Nancy, spent a lovely afternoon with Nell sitting on Parliament Hill and wondering about the city, saw the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace from inside the gates and fell asleep on the job. Literally, the Pax Staff plus the event we were leading were sitting in St James Park sat down for lunch and all the Pax Staff fell asleep. So in my last two weeks I was also working. . .well, as hard as one can be expected when one knows they're going home in two weeks. I trained some new volunteers and said goodbye to a lot of people, which was difficult especially as there's no guarantee of seeing them again.

But I am glad to be home, no mistake. I missed my sister, my dog, my friends. It's good to be back. In a month I'm off to college, so nothing really slows down for me.

Thank you for reading! Sorry it wasn't very interesting and was hugely sporadic.

No comments: