Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This is less a London thing and more a Thing I Did In London, but my friend Nancy and I made paper on Saturday!

paper visions

making paper!!

Messy but awesome! And yesterday my friend Francesca and I went to the London Transport Museum. I don't have any awesome photos of that museum so you will have to trust me when I say that it is one of the coolest museums I have every been in. They have whole buses in! Whole train cars! They show you what transport was like back in the 1800s in London! Their lift has a ticker that shows you how far back you're going in time! They have a map that shows you the construction that went on for the creation of tube from it's start to 2008! They have a thing that shows you how to drive a tube (I am wretched at it, of course.) It's a great museum and if you are in London, I encourage you to spend the eight whole pounds it costs to get in. I know, I know, who wants to pay for a museum. Oh guys, it's so cool though. So cool. And they have a great gift shop as well, that I need to go back to.

Anyway, after Francesca and I went to the museum, we met up with our friend Emily at Harrods. Harrods is scary and very big and has a big sale on. That was dangerous. Emily bought designer perfume. Francesca bought toys. I bought cds - actually between the two of us, Francesca and I bought Kings of Leon's entire discography. It was that kind of dangerous. We went to the toy floor, obviously (and it's the best floor. No comparison - the best floor) the food court, perfumery, wedding dress section (affluence like you wouldn't believe) and the section with the puppies and kittens! Harrods is nice if you feel like wading through tourists and looking at stuff that is more expensive than your entire life. It makes for a fun afternoon though.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Your grammar/vocabulary has gone all British, in case you hadn't noticed. It's pretty great.