I saw a man with a pipe today. Smoking his pipe, while walking down the road!
Anyway, no more snow these days, although there was hail yesterday which really put a damper on my plans to visit the zoo. So my friends and I went around Camden Market instead. It was built in some former stables though, that was quite cool. I had fun, anyway. We also, because it was pouring out, went into this pub that I'd known through my stupid knowledge of indie/britpop lore and it was hilarious, how you walk in and think 'oh, these are the toilets where [insert britpop star here] did blow off the seat and that how _____ song was written.' And you expect, with such infamous clientele, for the place to be really classy and posh but it looked like, as one of my friends said, the inside of a barn. Again, a load of fun to be in, really. It's the company you're with, isn't it? Nothing to do with where you really are.
Camden Town is so funny, anyway. It reminds me a lot of Haight Street in San Francisco, but more stylish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like a lot of fun, I'm jealous.
I wrote you a letter the other day but I forgot to send it and now I think it's outdated. I'll try and actually send the next one.
Post a Comment