Thursday, April 10, 2008

his accent sounded fine to me

H from Canada and I went to Oxford yesterday. The second time I've been, but this time it wasn't raining! We did much of the same things that I did last time I went which was wander around Christ Church being alternately impressed by the architecture and amused by how obviously Hogwarts was designed after the school, and then eat food. And go shopping. H, who leaves in about a month, has been looking for a dress and I keep ending up in all these crazy boutiques I would never end up in other wise. They're fun though.


how impressive

That is. . .possibly Christ Church. I'm not sure.

john and charlie

I'm not sure if the two of them were buried there or if that was just a plaque hailing their general awesomeness. They had one for WH Auden and John Locke (!) as well.

obama in oxford

This is in no way me declaring my support, just H and I had gotten wretchedly lost in the streets surrounding the university and we walked past that window and started laughing. All the way in Oxford! We couldn't decide if an American lived there or if someone was too involved in international politics. It was certainly an unexpected sight - I, obviously, haven't seen any campaign posters since I'd gotten here and I sometimes forget how mad it has gotten in the US.

No comments: